Glazed white porcelain lobed, leaf-shaped dish with molded vines, leaves and flowers on the base to form a foot and a branch-shaped handle.
This dish may have been intended to be used as a brushwasher for cleaning brushes used in calligraphy.
Dishes like these were in the collection of Augustus the Strong (1670-1733), Elector of Saxony and King of Poland, and were copied in both porcelain and red stoneware at the Royal Porcelain Manufactory at Meissen, which he established in 1710.
|Year Range from||1675|
|Year Range to||1725|
|Place of Origin||Made at the Royal Porcelain Manufactory, Meissen, Germany|
|Artist||Royal Porcelain Manufactory|
|Collection||The Reeves Center|
|Credit line||Museum Purchase with Funds Provided by W. Groke Mickey|